Hiring Organization / Company: Goldman Sachs
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
In Goldman Sachs quantitative strategists are a the cutting edge of our businesses, solving real-world problems through a variety of analytical methods. Working in close collaboration with traders and sales, strats' invaluable quantitative perspectives on complex financial and technical challenges power our business decisions.
- Automate pricing of derivative products, providing fast and accurate prices in response to quote requests from our clients
- Implement automated hedging algorithms, and build frameworks to manage risk centrally across asset classes
- Perform systematic and quantitative analysis of franchise flows and market data, driving business decisions and the design of our automation platform
- Work closely with sales and trading, support our automated pricing and trading systems
- Be involved with all stages of the software development life cycle with a range of technologies, and collaborate closely with engineering teams who support the underlying infrastructure and frameworks
- Excellent academic record in a relevant quantitative field such as physics, mathematics, statistics, engineering or computer science
- Strong programming skills in an object oriented or functional paradigm such as C++, Java or Python
- At least 2 years’ experience
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience implementing predictive statistical models, particularly non-linear regression/classification problems and Bayesian methods (hierarchical models, dynamic models, filtering etc)
- Previous quantitative or technical role working on or with a derivatives trading desk (irrespective of asset class)
- Knowledge of building automated trading systems and researching signals for use in a live trading environment
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-07-21
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Typically, you are going to have no clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great factor is that you are not alone. There are several people in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center will also be simple if you realize the place to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an improbable and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly supply essential coaching, property, and techniques for job seekers. Those companies can be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A simple Internet test for job firms in your areaought to uncover the place and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The tip function for that is to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can repeatedly be a quicker and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise grow to be into a long-lasting task for the individuals who perform smartly all through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of money whilst money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.