Hiring Organization / Company: Solvay
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- City: Singapore
- Country: Singapore
- Region: Asia Pacific
Novecare develops and produces formulations that alter the properties of liquids. It offers solutions to the oil and gas industry using an extensive range of surface chemistries combined with applications expertise. Novecare also provide specialty solutions for certain industrial applications, agricultural, and coatings markets.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Engage in daily shift production meeting/toolbox meeting.
- Ensure that all happenings/activities are recorded in all shift logs for area of responsibility.
- To report near misses and propose solutions
- Learn continuously and follow current and relevant SOPs and make sure that tasks done are in compliance with documented procedures. Use a checklist when relevant.
- To be an authorized permit issuer (cold work, basic/advance hot work, confined space assessor, work at height)
- To anticipate and feedback of equipment breakdown.
- To actively participate in problem solving during the day to day operations.
- To participate to or lead improvement projects.
- To operate DCS / field equipment according to SOP independently
- Support the Shift Leader in maintaining all quality, safety and environmental compliance requirements with applicable local and company standards.
- Assist in draft and review of SOP for the area of responsibility
- Perform process sampling and analysis in partnership with QC staff
- Shifting of ISO tank on Site if appointed
- Issuing of maintenance notifications, work permits and ensure contractors understand and follow all safety requirements of the site.
- Perform Total Preventive Maintenance (TPM) as required on equipment. Work with maintenance to assure all routine Preventive/Predictive maintenance is done according to schedule.
HSE and Emergency Response
- Understand, follow Life Saving Rules*(See below)
- Reporting to Line Manager or HSE team when finding any potential safety risks.
- Cooperate and support HSE safety trainings
- Attend all manadatory scheduled safety training
- Assume and perform duties as Site Commander (SIC) during Site Emergency
- As a member of the ERT must complete yearly training exercises and participate in CERT audits
- Responds to all emergency situations and apply as per SOP
- Perform duties as permit to work (PTW) issuer. Ensure effective process isolation & LOTO prior to issuing permits to work to perform party(s)
- Ensure housekeeping in the plant and also the control room
- Participates in training sessions, lead On-the-Job-Training (OJT), and acts as coach for new Technicians. Attend nominated mandatory training when assigned.
- To actively participate in continuous improvement mode for all areas of work.
Education and Experience
- GCE "O" level in Science stream or NITEC / Higher NITEC in Chemical Process Technology or equivalent industrial experience.
- Cooperative, supportive and good team player.
- Training or equivalent experience in safety awareness programs or safety committee is added advantage
- Fork Lift operation
- Ability to perform emergency response First Responder tasks.
- Basic understanding of Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Mechanics, Health and Safety.
- Basic computer skills, email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or equivalent.
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs these days. In most cases, you will haven’t any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not alone. There are a number of people out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center may also be easy if where to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are pointers that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are a fantastic and usually lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide essential coaching, property, and techniques for process seekers. Those firms can also be particularly helpful for young job seekers or those with little working experience. A simple Internet experiment for job firms on your areaought to discover where and get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The end purpose for that may be to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply corporations the way of screening candidates. Employment services can frequently be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise transform into a long-lasting task for the individuals who carry out neatly all the way through their working.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of cash when money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.